About Me

My photo
Tulsa, OK, United States
I am a Business Owner, Consultant, Husband, Dad, Brother and Son.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Bounty Hunter

My wife Mrs. Dugle and I have always been kind hearted and we love to help people out. Sometimes helping others can sting you but we have never let that stop us before. Earlier this year we bought a house that we had to completely remodel. We hired some additional help for some of the tougher jobs that my wife could not handle... OK I could not handle. I hired a guy by the name of Damo who is a charmer and he is an excellent carpenter. We did not know at the time that Damo had a prior history of 11 years of Jail time.

One afternoon we found out that Damo was thrown into jail again for some tickets he had not paid and for a charge of Battery by Strangulation. Damo explained to us that he was innocent and he had a believable story about the whole incident. Needless to say we bailed him out of Jail and it cost us $3,000. I must say that it was not my idea but my bride has a soft heart.

In November he failed to appear which meant that if we did not find him we were now liable for $20,000 to the bail bond. WOW! That was enough to get my blood pumpin some good ole Marine Corps Mission Top Secret blood. I kicked it into high gear to try and find him.

The only thing I knew to do was to pose as a female on one of those sites MyBook or FaceSpace something like that. Anyway, I posed as this girl and I even borrowed a picture and began to talk to this fugitive online even though he was in hiding. I was able to get him to give me his location thinking I was coming over for a night Cap. I even went as far as to buy a pay per use cell phone and had a friend put a female voice mail on it. After a few months we scheduled a meeting. I called the Bailbondsmen and told them the plan, They sent their bounty hunter to pick him up but evidently he under estimated the Damo. Damo hit him in the face and took off running like a mad dog. That is pretty fast if you know what I mean.

So when he got away from the Bounty I kicked in the Marine Corps Mission Top Secret blood again. I started asking questions and interviewing everyone that may have seen Damo entering the apartment we found him in. After some pretty savy James Bond stuff it all came down to this: I knew he was driving a White 4 door Camry with two child seats in the back, the only other information I found was the name of the girl he was staying with was either Melissa or Michelle. I literally searched until 2 in the morning and finally after looking at every white two door Camry in town I found one with two baby seats in it and a license plate on the front of the vehicle with the name Michelle. I was so excited, I called the police who met me at the vehicle and ran the tags. They found that the vehicle was registered to Michelle and she lived in an apartment 2 blocks away. The police had 11 cars show up and we surrounded the apartment. When they knocked on the door I noticed someone in the upstairs bedroom get out of bed and walk by the window. I knew they were home but they did not answer. Since they did not answer the police could not break down the door because the warrant was for a different address and since I did not see Damo enter the place they could not legally go in. So I called the BailBonds and Bounty and ask them if they wanted to meet me at 3 in the morning and I would show them where Damo was staying. They met me and after a long 30 minutes of knocking they finally kicked in the door. I stayed outside watching the upstairs windows to make sure he did not jump. I never really heard a struggle and that concerned me. If we kicked in the doors and the Fugitive is not there then we could have been arrested for breaking and entry. I finally heard the struggle, they found Damo in the attic and they went after him. The sad thing about all of it was there were two little kids in the apartment with Damo and Michelle. The bounty broke through the ceiling and tried to bring Damo with him. He did mace Damo's eyes shut but the mace was so strong the Bounty had to come out of the attack because he was choking. By this time I had called the police and the 11 cars were there again. When I found out the bounty no longer had eyes on the Damo, I became concerned. You see the Damo says he will die before he goes back to prison. When they looked in the attic they found a whole kicked in the side where there was a vent and there was no sign of the Damo. He escaped. He broke through the side and got on the roof of the next door apartment and then jumped off of the 20' roof and ran away with a broken ankle. It took me months to find him and twice in a day he escaped. I was so mad, but what can you do. Now my FaceSpace girl's cover was blown and I had no idea where he would go. On a side note, there are some sick guys that post comments on the facespace stuff. I got some real rude stuff and every guy thought they had the perfect line. Unreal!

Back to the drawing board. Tonight I got him and here is how. I have communicated with everyone on his websites and e-mail contacts. Several of them knew bits and pieces but no one knew where he stayed. I actually captured some communication where one of his x-Girl Friends told a friend she was going to meet him somewhere on 21st street. I knew if she met him they were possibly driving away together for good. Once I knew the exact location, by capturing phone conversations through Marine Corps Recon technology and a few cashed in favors, I set up my Observation post.

Damo was suppose to meet this Girl at a TripQuick, I changed the name to protect the innocent, at 6PM tonight. I got to the AO (Area of Operation) about 2 hours early. I found a U-Haul store across the street from the TripQuick and asked them if they had a window that faced the TQ and they just so happened to have a small window in the attic. I sat in that stuffy attic and called the bounty and police letting them know to keep all police cars out of the area until I called them. The bounty sat outside the U-Haul store with better eyes on the South side of the TQ and my view gave me a better field of view to the North of the TQ. Then I saw him, he limped across the highway into the TQ parking lot. He paced back and forth in front of th TQ watching to see if anyone was watching for him. He was waiting for his XGirl to come pick him up. I hopped out of the attic and got into my Mercedes which is a real stealthy vehicle by the way. We drove around and called the police, they said they were just three blocks away. By the time we got into the parking lot they literally had 12 cars on location and the m Damo that said he would never go back to jail simply raised his hands and gave up. I looked and his picture and information is already listed on the Tulsa County Jail website. Thank God everyone came out of this safe and I want to thank the Tulsa Police Department for an outstanding job. Also the Bailbonds did a wonderful job. I will update you on my next adventure soon.

1 comment:

T said...

I could never compete with you on the adventure stories and now I've officially stopped trying! This is amazing! But, "Barn," you left out some of the good parts...maybe for good reason! I LOVED the reference to TQ - you must promise me next time you stop by the TQ you will try out the BoosterRooster (name changed to protect the innocent!). Its the best energy drink in the land and you can only get it at the TQ! I can't believe I'm the first comment to post! Wow!! I'm special! KEEP THE STORIES COMING, BH (this stands for Bounty Hunter and not the name we used to call people when we were kids!)!!